Traffic or too many people?

 One thing was apparent in restarting to blog the next ten years. How to generate traffic. Its nearly impossible to do just a blog alone and expect eyeballs to find you. You have to have readers and subscribers and ...well, I'll save that for later. 

Instead, I admit I don't like traffic and not just eyeballs but, the literal traffic.

Traffic

I do not own a car so, I have to rent ( more on that in a later post ) a car. Sometimes, I get something fun, or something practical but, given gas prices there is nothing like traffic. 

Hwy 17 traffic

I don't understand it. If you got a driver's license you should expect people to drive instead of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic going to everywhere. 

There is something insane about the return of the commute since the pandemic started to wane. It made absolutely no sense for people to be driving and yet it was Labor Day 2021 and there was a traffic jam. 


I can appreciate the fear of public transit and yes, public transit agencies appear to make it incredibly hard for one to figure out how to get from Point A to Point B. Then, there is Google Maps which is so convenient that I was amazed how well it worked until it told me it would take 17 hours to get from SF to Healdsburg because my default direction instruction is walking mode.

280 traffic

I appreciate the luxury of having a car but, I abhor the absolute pain in the rear end for the cost of maintaining a car. Including the mind numbing commute to be repeated each day. The night I took home my rental it took me 90 minutes to get from SF to Mountain View alone. No accident, no traffic break, nothing more than too many individual drivers in their cars committing insanity by driving to and from the same way, the same time and expecting a different result. 

The same could be said of taking public transit but my $15 on BART is an hour I spend catching up on social media or reading a book or sending an email or posting a blog post. I am way more productive on public transit than I ever could be in a car. 

If you are looking for a way out of your car or to make traffic better check in with Carpools like Commute with Enterprise or 511BayArea

If you need to be rewarded for taking public transit check out the GetMiles App 

Most of all, next time I am renting a car I am going to ask for the traffic free version.


Comments

Popular Posts