Art, Community and C.A.M.P

I was fortunate to get a job in the Summer of 2020. It was in San Francisco and I was grateful for the opportunity. My job meant that I was commuting from San Jose to San Francisco. 45 Miles covered by taking public transit and dropping me of at 16th and Mission in San Francisco. 

CAMP

Basically, Mecca of Community Art. 

I was thrilled by my walking to work and catching street art and finding out about new artists. 

One location that is really amazing and tells a lot about the craft is Clarion Alley Mural Project 

Which has amazing way of telling history and introducing to new talent


Any given time you can find the artists in action and there is a lot of history in these murals 

Aside from making an alley a catch all its a insightful look at what community and art that tells a story and gives a voice to many. 



Unfortunately, the alley can be vandalized 

If you would consider making a donation to the Clarion Alley Mural Project 

because the artist have to go back and dedicate more time and resources to fixing their work which already takes weeks to complete. 

Comments

Popular Posts