Weighty Issue ...Part 3 What you eat ......

 Let's be honest, working out on machines and spending 45 minutes doing cardio five times a week can only do so much. 

But did you know how quickly all that work can be literally eaten away? 

Lemme share a meal with you. 

Let's start with the split of Kim Crawford Rose from New Zealand. Basically half of one bottle so maybe 3 5oz pours? At 70 calories per service that is still 210 Calories. 

You have to spend a minimum of 45 minutes on the stair machine to burn that much and equally you have given your liver a workout too. 



Next, let's check in on an appetizer of say Buffalo Wings ( 6 countish ) 

Which doesn't sound bad and maybe even a little :P healthy? Well, maybe if the dairy in the four ounces of real real Blue Blue Cheese dip ( it had delicious chunks of blue cheese in ) was vegan? Okay, I searched my little appetizer was 660 Calories or basically 110 calories each wing but I was really hungry. 

So, for those counting at home ...I have nearly 900 calories with wine and wings...oh but I am not done ...I am going to destroy my boot camp workout calories next...

You may not be able to see it but that is melting slab of brie with pickled onions with baby greens and grilled chicken sandwich on a potato bun with french fries. 

I admit I was hungry...like really hungry and now as I type this am going to have to just sweat all the time because this meal wasn't cheap in calories. ...the closest I got was a wrap for just 880 Calories  let's be more forthright and just round it up to 1000 Calories because I am not going to lie ...I ate the WHOLE Sandwich and about half the fries. 

Still with me? so yes, I have eaten just 1900 calories now ...I should stop, right? its my daily total of 2000 calories. 

But I am drinking water too, the sun is out and its a beautiful day. I have been good I have been working out. I know I have spent about $40 bucks here and I am feeling good ...so you know what i did ...oh yes I did ....

Dessert. I wanted it and I think I might have needed it .....so to speak...

Yet this is no ordinary slice of cake


Yes, that is caramel drizzled over chocolate granache shavings with a dollop of fresh whipped creme. I am not even going to bother looking up the calories. All I have to do is spend the day walking up and down California Street from the Embarcadero to Van Ness ...Twice ? okay three times to burn the amount of calories in this slice of cake. I should probably do it on a hot day in SF just to make sure ....

Because even at let's say 3000 calories I consumed in ONE MEAL that would take let's say 2 hours twice a day for 10 days to burn it , but was so worth it. 

While my pocket book and waistline took the hit the whole trade off thing wouldn't work because the fact is ...you gotta burn all the calories but still want to go to the gym, which I do. 

This is just ONE example how ONE meal can kill your weight loss goals the moderation key and all the other bs...just accept it and move on to the next exercise bike and start pedaling. 


Comments

Popular Posts