I Miss New York : Airlines, Stress and Inflation

 I bought my ticket and had my hotel room set. I even downloaded a Metro Card for transit. I had reservations for dinner and planned to get a ticket to take a boat. 


I was finally going to go to New York Labor Day weekend 2022. 


It was Easter, the reports started....airlines cancelling flights, sitting on a tarmac for six hours, and the stories started. 

Then the reports of shootings and muggings and how just unsafe it was to go anywhere. 


Then I started to look at menus and times and what I wanted to do became what I could afford to do. 

I did a "test" run in San Francisco. Could I survive in the City of New York on just $2000 cash? 

The fear media got me and honestly everything else did too...people were leaving my workplace. In fact the day I was suppose to take my flight another co worker turned in their resignation. 


If I was planning a trip that would have sucked the fun out of having a good time right out. 

So, I spent Labor Day 2022 at home taking a few afternoon sights in and just overall regretting the fact I wasn't spending the time in New York in an hotel room worried about bed bugs. 


I posted photos stating how " I miss you New York" I might get the chance to go but right now it just doesn't seem fair. 

Plus, the whole stress and media driven fear was really the nail in the coffin. 

Comments

Popular Posts