Donate Today! Donate Tomorrow! Help Out Here !

 If you do not know, then I have to reveal something ...I take public transit. That means while I can manage my time and bend it to my will I am witness to the world and all the horribles. 

I would have to wake up at 4am to grab a bus at 5am that means sometimes walking past a person in a sleeping bag on the side of the road. 

Because the bus was sporadic, I would be walking home at 9pm at night and walking past an elderly man making a shelter out of a grocery cart. 

It means that tonight, at a transit center I overheard and listened to the people looking to get to a hotel for shelter because they had been pushed out. The bus wasn't running to the location and they had to be there by 9pm. It was 8:35pm and the hotel was over 2 miles away. 

So, I am asking you to donate $5, $10 heck if you have $25 great to the following nonprofit because even the one in Hawaii does a lot of good.  


SacredHeart Community Service helps with housing and health and I volunteer there. 

Spectrum Community Service helps seniors and kids. 

AHED in Hawaii works three pronged ways. 

Shannon West is a great program in Nevada 

St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda is a place I have volunteered at and ask you to do so to. 

I realize the holidays are coming, and there is inflation making your wallet smaller. If you can't donate money please consider donating your time as it a valuable resource. 

If you don't know where to start here are three organizations you can check out ...

OneBrick.org is 100% volunteer run, most events are only 4 hours and lots of fun too 

YWCA is an amazing organization that needs help doing some simple stuff if you can volunteer a few hours you would help a lot ! 

American Red Cross is a great way to learn about your community and be ready in case of a major emergency. As a volunteer you gain a lot of practical skills that also translate to the workplace. 

Thank You. 

Comments

Popular Posts