List This ! What I won't buy, participate, or do

 As the year winds down we start to make a list of shopping or something...here is the list of things, participation, and stuff 

list unsplash


That I WILL NOT DO .....

Number 1: Start a Podcast, Twitter Space, or LinkedIn Audio. 

podcast unsplash

Noise Pollution is real and while I may be a guest in the future on a podcast I won't start one. 

Number 2: Buy any more SHEIN Clothing. The abhorrent treatment of the people in China has got to be held accountable. I am starting to recycle a majority of my clothing and

sewing unsplash

equally because of Etsy and even Amazon producers you can purchase clothes directly from producers that are ethically producing goods. Plus, find a good seamstress and you can save your clothing budget. 

Number 3: Participate in my Employer's Health Insurance while I am making X Dollars. The fact that when I utilize California Covered I can now deduct a % of the payment in my taxes (SAVING ME THOUSANDS). I will buy my own. Now, if i end up paying a % of my health insurance through my employer I will change my mind. This year my tax bill is HIGH and I am going to need to chop it down. 

money unsplash

Number 4: Pay $2000 in Rent. Why? My father's monthly mortgage payment was $2000 a month plus a property tax and plus a yearly water bill for a total yearly cost of $35,000 on a mortgage fixed rate of 11.4% which was around the $410,000 for a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom house. Yes, I could adjust for inflation and such still the general rule sapplies if I get a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom 700 square foot house shouldn't be $3,500 a month. I can go on the whole comparing apples to apples ( he got a housing stipend, he had better credit than I, and he was a caucasian male ). This hard line is probably going to push me out of the San Francisco Bay Area. 

Number 5: I am not going to Vacation in Maui,Hawaii or the Hawaiian islands. If you don't know my formative years Thanksgiving holiday was spent in Maui, Hawaii ending in 1994. To say I am spoiled is an understatement. Yet, the literal plundering of the Hawaiian Native lands by Billionaires is ABHORRENT People should not vacation there. I won't. 

Number 6: Get A TV.

TV unsplash
Okay, yes, my landlord has a TV in my abode but, I rarely turn it on. I am always utilizing my laptop or pad for watching/ projecting/ sharing videos and such. A TV is great but its run its course and the amount of hazardous waste in a TV is unbelievable. The screen alone is very very toxic. 

Number 7: Get an iPhone. The caveat is if my job insists or provides one for me. The consumption of these devices do not serve the greater good. The waste and again the abhorrent working conditions of these products is not worth the $$$$ price tag. If my job gives one to me then fine, but I am always going to have an Android. 

Number 8: Get a Purple/Foam Mattress in a Box. Yes, I had a horrible experience with BedBugs in 2016 is when I switched bedding. Yet, recently there has been little if none talk about the Mattress in a Box Environmental problems -or health problems. There are lots first make sure your mattress is not petroleum based 

Number 9: Buy Shoes over $100.

shoes unsplash

 I know I sound horrible don't I? I won't buy a shirt that costs $4.99 on Shein, but I won't buy a brand new XYZ shoe that's over $100? Why? First off, you can usually find gently used expensive shoes at 2nd hand stores and online consignment shops. Secondly, I have spent an incredible amount on shoes and my feet HURT! Thirdly, when I have splurged on a "high ticket" pair of shoes guess what my "commute" proved to be too tough for them from splitting sides to toe blow outs in like week 3 of ownership. Yes, I can get a cobbler to fix these but today a shoe repair cost is about 75% and I am not buying these shoes twice. 

Number 10: Get Botox: I admit between gaining and losing weight I have my father's jowls and not in the "cute" way either. 

unsplash

There is about a million ways to tighten said beagle cheeks but, botox is not for me. Plus, its not a one and done kind of thing...you have to do about five micro injections on each side to fix them and it will only last about 5 months at a staggering $1000. I'd rather spend my money on health insurance instead. 

Thanks to UNSPLASH for all the photos! 

Comments

Popular Posts