Its an Anniversary!

I am trying to remember and forget all at the same time. 19 years have passed since I was hit by a car. Here is the one thing that is the splinter of wood under my proverbial fingernail....

I did nothing wrong. 

I used the crosswalk. 

I used the crosswalk signal. 

The driver and the car were in the Left Turning lane of the intersection. 

I am laying down remembering step for step. Exactly one minute of time. I couldn't swerve out of the way as I was solidly in the crosswalk. 

The ordeal afterward was not the worst part its the moments I was thinking about before the accident. 

As I am cleaning out my storage unit I am finding the cards from that day from coworkers. I still can feel the paramedic trying to jab a needle in my arm. 

I can feel the helplessness and what the therapist said..."I am angry because of the lack of control of the situation" 

What more control could I have had? I was using all my cognitive abilities. 

I guess this also will start the next journey...my knee is making a nice popping noise now and with the weight gain and time equals another ACL surgery? 

I don't know but, I do know that I am okay so far. I can walk and that is good.

 

Comments

Popular Posts