3 Layers of Sunscreen

 So, I burn easy now ...and not that oh cute pink burn but that "were you in a fire?" red scar burn. Thus when I know I am going to be out in the sun for any length of time ( 15 minutes max ) I apply a thick coating of sunscreen. 



No, really I do. During an volunteer swim event I was a weird white shade of sunscreen. Some would say you should just wear a coverup and a hat ...a little hard to do when you are counting laps for one swimmer because you lost count for yourself. 



I do worry about sunscreen but here is the thing, before we get into the pool we have to rinse off so there is one layer gone. Next, after lap 25 I have lost count and need to leave the pool. Take a break and count for another swimmer till they stop. Then I rinse off again and go back into the pool - that takes off the second layer. Finally, really frustrated with myself and lap 20 was arduous at best I am back out and helping count for another swimmer ( there is limited lanes so we're stuck in taking turns ). 



By Sunday at 1pm we're all kinds of exhausted math is hard when you are gulping water but good spirits and then we have to get out. 

There I am looking at my arms splotches of pink and white and I can find the crook of my elbow that somehow was missed in the application completely red burnt ( the water reflects the sun 100x) - oh well until tomorrow 

Comments

Popular Posts