Coffee Revisited : Abanico Coffee Roasters : El Salvador

 To say I drink a lot of coffee is probably not a completely true statement. I drink a lot of mochas because I need the chocolate (sugar) with steamed milk and that dash of espresso to make it all worthwhile. If you gave me a cup of plain coffee I might drink it or worse let the dog drink it. 

I can go days without a cafe mocha or mocha espresso but, there is something about hand crafted and authentic community about coffee. The process of roasting and the vibe the locale gives. Also, coffee is very much a family event and a tradition throughout the world and we Americans consume tons of it. 

That is why it is so special to learn about a local coffee purveyor that has distinct flavor and process and beans but, most importantly community. 

Abanico Coffee Roasters is such a treat to go to. From the authentic coffee to the atmosphere of community when I come to Abanico I like to sit and relax and look around at the community. 

Yes, there is something to be said for the education and history of the coffee roaster getting deeper than the familiar tendencies including the fine powder of the coffee grounds that make up that cup. 

I appreciate the space for the coffee shop on Mission Street near my work place where I can find local art and more events and watch the construction across the street for a new housing unit where a local discount store use to stand.  I relish in the spice of the mocha chocolate sprinkled on it. The warmth of the liquid really does cut the morning cold at times that I am even surprised at. Yet, its always the ability to sit an relax that draws me in. 




Comments

Popular Posts