Pay Your Rent : Loud Budgeting

 Paying your rent should be covered but, what if its not? What if you still need to produce money for a down payment and security deposit. 

At least starting July 1st in California the deposit can only be 1 months rent. I am so grateful for it except I am not finding that I can meet the credit requirement. The credit rating requirement at some places is over 750. 


Trust me if you have a 750 credit score right now, you won't have one after you fill out that apartment application. 

Basically, I need to have $3000 for an very nice studio in San Francisco. For the record, I am going to use me as an example but, imagine a family of 2, 3, 4 budget ( just x by number of people )

I have to make at least 3x as my rent so that is $4500 a month. 

I have to pay a security deposit of $500 for animals and I will be paying electricity and internet (gas and garbage is paid by the landlord ). 


That is before I have even spent money on moving my butt there because I will need time to move I have to finish paying for my current place and still go to work. 

Okay, moving costs I can probably do all the small stuff myself but, I am going to need a mover for my storage space and large bedroom items. 

Here is a sampling of rates

-$100/hr for 2 movers with 26 ft. truck
-$150/hr for 3 movers with 26 ft. truck
-$200/hr for 4 movers with 26 ft.  truck

*4 hours minimum charges plus fuel charge

*Double applies if the distance between your addresses exceeds 10 miles.

So, being $400 for four hours for two movers with a truck sounds good ? 

Remember I am double so its $800 because we have to pick up from where I am moving and my storage unit then go to my new place. 


Hence I have to rent a car and do the small stuff over a couple of days. There is a lot of small stuff. The car rental is just over $400 and maybe I can find a handyman to help move my bed, dresser and chair ? So that is still $800 to spend. 

Have you got the total yet? 

$3000 just for the rent

$550 Credit Check, security 

$100 start up for electricity 

$100 for internet ( yes I need my grid ) 

$800 to move 

That is $5000 easy that I just have to cough up to move into a new place and yes, pay rent again in probably three weeks. 

Yes, I want a place of my own, but if renting a room will save me $3000 you can bet I will do it. 


Comments

Popular Posts