Falling or Invisible Gophers Run Amuck

 It was bound to happen. 

UpSplash
Gravity and I have a tenuous relationship and thus with #MercuryInRetrograde I fell down. 

Like Splat or SPLAT !


Yet, I need to count all my blessings ...

A few bruises and a hairline fracture to keep my left wrist immobile ( do not sleep on left side ;) 

And I am up and walking around.

Now, I do wonder if some blessings were not in order because I am taking my vitamins, working out with hand weights and doing my water exercises? 

Also, strangely did my weight protect me from a worse fate? 

Granted, falling is something I do rather on the regular, my ankle will slip, a small deviation in the ground will cause my foot to fall wrong. 

but for the most part I survived. 

Yes, this time a dozen or so people saw me and I was mortified but, fortunately I did get back up and promptly ice my left arm and hand. Took some Advil and made it through the day. 


The X-Ray tech said I was fortunate and I said sure because the bill for said X-ray was only $300! 

The other part is I had just finished paying $150 to swim in an Olympic size pool with a trainer .. I can't really paddle ( wrists are very important for that ) so I was able to push until October.       Right now healing is the goal. 

I can't quite do 10lbs hand weights but I am getting there! 

Comments

Popular Posts