Still Fighting The Battle of The Bulge
I really wrecked my left ankle earlier this year, torn ligaments, weight gain, and ill fitting shoes walking 100 miles a month is just not helping. Unfortunately, the only way to repair the damage is to Not Walk or Run.
So I am swimming and swimming and well going for a swim. Its rather insane to maintain the upkeep of swimming because after 30 minutes you are either done or DONE! Also, the damage to my hair swimming and chlorine and salt water and sun has made me notice other things.
So, I went to a 50 yard pool. It is exhausting granted doing a 500 in 10 laps versus 20 is nice but I was SO SLOW and there are PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES working out. I felt so horrible imposing on them as they are getting ready for the Olympics ( yes Olympic training is near here and its constant ) plus school swim clubs have meets at that pool and well I am was not and am not in shape.
Also, the pools are REALLY FAR and unless I want to spend 2 hours (45 minutes driving) getting to it for just $25 for a "day pass" is great. Note some places are way more expensive and you are limited on how long you can swim for (1 hour private lane).
I feel good swimming but, my hair yes, my hair its kinda not responding well to swimming. Equally, one day I got a weird sunburn on my top shoulders ( you are not suppose to use sunscreen in pools ) and it like really is annoying.
So spending time and money to battle the bulge has been interesting so, I am going to try the pool near me again ($16) but only if they have lowered the temperature to say 70 degrees?

Comments
Post a Comment