Bad Weather ... Prepare Now! ?

 To say that now I have heard about the #SuperElNino is an understatement. I remember in 1997 - 1998 Winter I was living in Santa Cruz it was the first time I understood the power of the sea and how West Cliff Drive eventually will be less drivable and walkable.


 

So, I am putting together my preparedness kit. From extra battery backup ( with Batteries ! ) , boots, bags, raincoats, warm clothes, umbrellas, medicines, and other necessities. Aside from an emergency making sure I have pasta, sauce and soups. Veggies and fruits tucked away in the freezer. I was actually worried I didn't have butter (SHOCKING ) My plan is simple aside from Thanksgiving ( Salmon? ) and Christmas (Salmon again? ) I think I have my meals planned. 


Now, aside from the grind of work, the Waves To Wine event, one week vacay in October I think I am set on planned stuff. 

This year has been difficult, I thought by now a few things would have happened - getting rid of my storage unit was one but, reflecting back I realize that I need my storage unit especially because next year I am going to try to do FIRE. So the prep now is just to ensure the expenses and living is still possible given the torrential weather expected. 


Part of the plan is to go ahead and move to San Francisco or just further North ( or South as the possible position may come available ;) but, right now its looking like moving to San Francisco is the opportune option to at least save $500 in transit costs a month! 

Here is a basic shopping list if you are wondering

  • Batteries and Backup Power
  • Rain Boots and Rain Coats
  • Umbrellas 
  • Jeans, Polo, and Turtlenecks
  • Emergency Outfit ( Bad Weather and what you will wear if you are interviewed on TV ) 
  • First Aid Kit including 5 Gallon of Water, A Tent, Sleeping Bag, Large Backpack to carry, Lantern, Portable Stove, Bleach, Dry Shampoo or Bar Shampoo. 
  • Fifty Dollars Cash and coins Power goes out credit card is not going to work. 
  • Soups, Pasta, Rice, Pancake Mix and 5lb bag of potatoes 
  • Butter, Soy Sauce, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Baking Soda (3 boxes)
  • Salt and Pepper, Garlic, Seasoning Salt
  • Frozen Veggies and Fruits (easy dessert) 
  • Canned Tuna, Chicken and Spam 
  • Powdered Eggs not kidding easiest thing you can get or use Chia Seeds. 
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly
  • Flour and yeast use bread machine if possible. 

Comments

Popular Posts