The subscription based economy
I did it, and really I do regret it. I abhor giving the oligarchs any satisfaction in giving them a scant amount of money and I could have had more patience.
Alas, I had to sign up for another subscription I had held off for a good while nearly a full month but, there I was debating direct subscription or utilizing another platform for the subscription. It came down to the the 7 day waiting period and that helped me decide because honestly, I will be cancelling my subscription in about 3 months maybe 5 and then I am off again because that at 5 months is just under $100 and I got a budget.
Yet, there was an another enticing subscription that made me think about it really hard. Just like everything else here in Oz it was too expensive. The lowest base model to rent for one month of FlexCar here in the Oz was still over $500 and that doesn't include gas. Even rental cars ( see ZipCar ) are smart enough to do a yearly rental under $100 and then each rental price after that.
But then there is now housing membership ? Anyplace in SF is around $4K a month but Landing is a straight $1799 a month period. The subscription based economy is not done yet because after you get your housing, car , you can
Get a Job with Working Nomads this seems a little scary but lo and behold totally legit and apparently successful.
If you thought you could get away from the subscription economy I am sorry to tell you that is not possible whether its food or the news
It is going to be a thousand subscriptions before you know it and before you do the savings will disappear as will your savings account. To say that I am literally thinking of putting my money in a sock drawer and with that I am suggesting you start saving water .. put a bucket in your shower if you let the water heat up. As you clean dishes start saving the rinse water.
Because the subscription for clean air to breath is coming ..



Comments
Post a Comment